Saturday, April 14, 2007

Spring Felted Bag Questionnaire

1. How long have you been knitting or crochetting? How did you learn?
I have been knitting for many years - my great-grandmother taught me when I was about 10 years old. unfortunately, I did not knit for the vast majority of that time! i retaught myself about over a year ago and have been knitting steadily since. I do also crochet now. I taught myself from a book a few months ago and have made a few projects. It's more fun than I thought it would be!
2. What are your favorite yarns to knit\crochet felted bags with?
I have only made one felted bag so far, and used a recycled wool for it. I do have to say that it looks much better as a bag than as a cardigan!
3. What are your favorite needles to knit\crochet with?
My favorite needles any more is circular needles. That way I don't lose one! :)
4. What are the last 3 bags you knitted\crochetted (include URL for Yahoo! or flickr album or your blog if you have them!)? You can also link to patterns if you don't have pictures of your finished objects!
Retro Stripes
5. Do you carry the bags that you make, give them as gifts, or both?
I haven't made one for myself yet, so only for gifts!
6. What is your favorite felted bag that you have made for yourself?
See above!
7. What are your favorite colors? Do you like bags in these colors or choose other colors?
I love most colors, anything with a rich hue! (Not so much with black and white) I am usually drawn to tweeds and heathers, I love the subtleties! I wear a lot of neutrals, so I like to make a statement with my bag!
8. Chocolate: White, Milk, Dark, or not so much?
Milk chocolate, please! (Unless it is mixed with mint...I will take any kind of chocolate mixed with mint!)
9. Coffee, Tea, or Milk?
I am a Seattle girl, so i have to have my coffee(real coffee...espresso! cafe au lait!), but I love tea, too!
10. Do you prefer sweet or salty treats? What kinds?
I am more of a sweets girl. I seem to love the obscure and odd. Pastilles, Frangos, the little hard candy bon-bons, you know...things you can't find! Lindt truffles are rather lovely, too.
11. If you went into Bath and Body Works and could only come out with one item, what would it be and what would it smell like?
Just one? I am a bath and cosmetic junkie...not makeup, but lotions and balms and lip glosses. As for scent, nothing heavy or frou-frou. I love their more natural scents. I like the Black Raspberry Vanilla, Midnight Pomegranate, Clover and Aloe, the tea scents are great, the ones with cucumber are yummy, I really like Citrus and Grapefruit scents also!
12. Do you enjoy any other crafts or hobbies? Do you collect anything?
No other crafts right now! I would like to learn how to spin. I do collect tea pots and tea stuff. I am also partial to anything cletic or scottish!
13. Are there any bag patterns you have not yet knit, but hope to someday?
Too many to choose from! Just nothing itty-bitty! The only time I have looked for something itty is to put it in something big!
14. What is currently OTN (on the needles) for you?
A fuzzy scarf for my grandmother-in-law.
15. What is your most recent finished object before that?
The Retro Stripes bag from Interweave Knits.
16. What's cutest: Puppies, Piggies or Pixies?
Pixies!
17. Do you enjoy reading? Books, Magazines, or both?
Both! Anything! Everything! LOL
18. Do you have any children? (kid-kind or pet-kind apply!)
Two boys - one two and one three.
19. What are some of your favorite yarns for other projects?
Superwash wool, or wool-blend, or cotton-blend. Inexpensive and machine washable! Although, I would love to experiment with other natural fibers....
20. And for the final question, one I see debated all over: Novelty Yarn: Love it! Hate it! or It depends!
Depends! I haven't used it for myself, but I have used it for gifts! (I don't think I would enjoy a really fuzzy bag, but there are great yarns out there besides eyelash!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh that retro stripes bag is VERY cute! I like it! thanks for getting this up :)