Sunday, January 21, 2007

Secret Purse Swap Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
There really aren't any fibers that I dislike. I think, given the opportunity, I would be game to experiment with anything. On the other hand, I have knitted with the eyelash yarn and I find that it can be a bit difficult, but I do like the finished object!
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a needle case, but it doesn't have a flap on the top, so I am thinking that I should make myself another one. Otherwise, I just toss them in the knitting trunk.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned to knit a looong time ago! I think I was about ten. (Yikes, almost 2 decades ago!) My great-grandmother taught me. Yep, I even knit in the english style. Unfortunately, I did not have the patience to practice for most of those years! Recently, I retaught myself to knit and have been knitting steadily for the last year. I would rate myself as an intermediate. I am definately still learning, but getting good enough to help others a bit, too.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, I do have an amozon wish list!
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
I adore feminine, but not frou-frou scents. My latest bing has been White Tea and Ginger from Bath and Body Works.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Chocolate! (Come on, what else?) OMG, and once upon a time....Violet Crumble. MMMM...
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I machine sew and am trying to learn to crochet. Well, yesterday I bought a book to learn to crochet. I haven't yet bought the hooks or anything, yet! :) Next on the list will be spinning!
8. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I tend to lean towards neutrals and jewel tones, but for accessories anything can go! I do adore greens and blues, too.
9. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Just me, hubby, and two boys. No pets!
10. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I really love lace and cables.
11. What are you knitting right now?
I have a chunky cable afghan, an aran afghan, and a lace duster going right now.
12. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I am getting into circular needles any more. That way I don't end up losing one!
13. Is there anything that you collect?
I adore tea. I haven't got many yet, but I am slowly collecting tea pots and funky tea accessories.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you mean that you have 3 pets. 2 boys and a hubby! ^_^